Moose Rider Kitchen Help Calendar
If you are interested in volunteering to help in the kitchen, 1st click here
and send and e-mail so we can give you access to this calendar. Mention in the e-mail Your name and phone number. Once added Then you can add yourself to the calendar on any date your available.
Kitchen Positions are listed below the calendar (scroll to bottom of this page to see)
Directions to sign up for any date or series of dates:
1) click the date you want to volunteer (only on Tuesdays) a dialog box will appear.
2) in the event name box type your the position you are volunteering for. i.e. "Dishwasher"
3) When should be pre-filled with the date you wanted.
4) make sure it says "MooseRider kitchen calendar" in the Calendar field
if you don't see this field move on to the next step
5) deselect the "All Day" check box. then enter the time frame you are planning on being there to help. Usually this is 4pm to 9pm. (Kitchen is open from 5pm to 8pm for our burgers). (unless you are signing up for prep-work which is done earlier in the day.
6) If you are signing up for more than one Tuesday in a row, click the more link, then the repeat check box, then select until and pick an until date. (This will save you time from having to enter each repeating date)
7) The "who" field should have your name in it. if not please enter your name here.
8) Nothing else is needed but you can put a note in the description box (be aware EVERYONE can see the description.)
9) click "Save", and save again, your done.
The link below is a "read only" link to the Volunteer Calendar. If you don't see it here on your computer click the link and it should open for you in a new window.
The Calendar should appear below (you can change the view by clicking on the drop down menu where is says "list" and change to month, week etc.) you can print it too but, come back regularly to check for changes that may effect you.
Positions: Number needed:
Prep work - two
This is done earlier in the day so it is ready for the evening.
Dishwasher - Two
two people alternating every 15 to 20 minutes is best.
Cook - One
Deep Fryer - one
Bun Toaster - one
Facilitator - one
Lines up plates with all the trimmings (lettuce, pickle, tomatoes) and has them ready to once a Burger or chicken sandwich cooked and ready to go out.
Expediter - one (off season) or two (in season)
makes sure the right food is on the right plate and gets it out to the table in a timely fashion.
We would like to have a "second string" team too. These people would step in once and awhile when someone on 1st string needs a Tuesday off.
Thanks again for your continued support!